Transfer Financial Aid FAQs

How do I know if I will qualify for any financial aid?

Eligibility for federal assistance is determined by a student’s FAFSA information. UIW encourages all students to submit their FAFSA regardless of financial standing in order to see what a student might qualify for.

How do I submit my FAFSA?

You may submit your FAFSA online for free. If you need assistance with the FAFSA, contact our Financial Aid office at 210-829-6008.

My parents make too much money; I won’t qualify for aid.

You won’t know for sure what you’ll qualify for until you’ve submitted the FAFSA. The application is free to submit.

How do I apply for external scholarships?

You can view a list of currently available external scholarships on our website.

What if I am using my own or my parent’s Veterans Benefits?

You can find a description of the different benefit types and instructions on how to apply for benefits on our website. You may also contact our Veteran’s Affairs office with questions via email or 210-832-2154 or 210-832-5651.

Can I meet with someone who can explain my financial aid awards to me or answer my questions about financial aid?

Absolutely! You may come in as a walk-in to either office, or you may schedule an appointment to meet with an Admissions Counselor by calling 210-829-6005 or visiting our website.

Glossary of Terms

Applying for financial assistance can be a challenging process, which is why the Office of Financial Assistance provides a useful glossary of terms that can help you navigate the process. You may view this on our website.