Transfer Scholarships and FAFSA

Transfer Merit Scholarships

Transfer students seeking their first bachelor’s degree will automatically be considered for university merit scholarships ranging between $6,000-$10,000.

Phi Theta Kappa - $2,000 (per year)

Each Phi Theta Kappa member from an accredited 2-year institution will be awarded a $2,000 per year scholarship. Recipient must be a current member of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society and must have a cumulative GPA of 3.45 or higher.

Upgrade Your Aid

Any student that receives an academic scholarship for their first year of attendance and maintained a minimum GPA of 3.2 will automatically receive an additional $1,000 on their academic award.

Athletic Scholarships

UIW competes in the NCAA Division I Southland Conference. Scholarships are available and awarded by the coaches of each sport.

If you are interested in the UIW athletic program, contact the Athletic Office at 210-829-2722.

Performing/Fine Arts Scholarships

For further information, contact the designated department for information on audition and performance dates.

Fine Arts - Miguel Cortinas - 210-829-3861
Marching Band - Brett Richardson - 210-829-3855
Music - Bill Gokelman - 210-829-3855
Theatre - Dr. Robert Ball - 210-829-3804

ROTC Scholarships

Students interested in competing for scholarship assistance should contact the UIW Army ROTC enrollment officer at 210-832-3210.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid

All students are encouraged to submit their FAFSA to qualify for federal, state, and university grants. You may submit your FAFSA online for free. You will need to create an FSA ID prior to filling out your FAFSA, which can be done online.

Student Loans, Parent PLUS Loans, and Federal Work Study

Students may be eligible for one or more types of the following aid based on review of their FAFSA. Visit our website for information on each type of aid.
Direct Subsidized Loans
Direct Unsubsidized Loans
Direct PLUS Loan for Parents
Work Study